COLOURS OF INDIA
Travel Dates: 16 – 31 March, 2019
To reserve your spot on this tour please contact Gillian@tyw.ca / 780-739-2245
Limited Space Available for 18 participants.
Applications with deposit payment will be accepted on a priority basis
Delhi, Agra, Ranthambore National Park, Bundi, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaipur & Varanasi
Day 1 – Saturday, March 16, 2019
International flight to Delhi, India
Day 2 – Sunday, March 17, 2019 – Delhi
Welcome to India! Upon your arrival at the Delhi International Airport, you will be met by a TYW representative and transferred to your hotel.
Day 3 – Monday, March 18, 2019 – Delhi
Experience a rickshaw ride while exploring Old Delhi: Raj Ghat (Cremation site of Mahatma Gandhi), Jama Mosque, Red Fort, Humayun’s Tomb, Qutab Minar and India Gate. Overnight in Delhi.
Day 4 – Tuesday, March 19, 2019 – Delhi / Agra
Depart for Agra and the magnificent Taj Mahal, the beautiful white marble monument built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. Later visit Agra Fort – the red sandstone citadel built by 3rd Mughal Emperor Akbar. Overnight in Agra.
Day 5 – Wednesday, March 20, 2019 – Agra / Ranthambore
After breakfast depart for Fatehpur Sikri. Board a local train to Sawai Madhopur (Ranthambore). Upon your arrival, you will be met and assisted by your guide who will escort you to your hotel. Check-in, relax and enjoy the rest of the evening. Overnight in Ranthambore.
~ Ranthambore National Park is one of India’s most renowned national parks and was once where the royals of Jaipur hunted. The national park is also considered a prominent heritage site due to the ancient ruins found inside. While on safari, an opportunity to watch the splendid tiger roam about in its natural habitat presents itself!
Day 6 – Thursday, March 21, 2019 – Ranthambore National Park
Enjoy your early morning safari in Ranthambore National Park. Relax at the hotel. In the late afternoon enjoy another safari in the park. Return before sunset. Overnight in Ranthambore.
‘Tiger sightings are fairly common at the Ranthambore Tiger Reserve. The hotter Ranthambore gets, the better your chances of catching the Royal Bengal Tiger in the wild.’
Day 7 – Friday, March 22, 2019 – Ranthambore / Bundi
This morning depart for Bundi and continue with your private guided city tour of the famous Bundi Fort and Stepwells. Overnight in Bundi.
~ Bundi. A fascinating town with Brahmin blue houses, lakes, stepwells and temples around every corner, all surrounding the dominating Palace built into the rock. Famous visitors to Bundi include Rudyard Kipling.
Day 8 – Saturday, March 23, 2019 – Bundi / Chittorgarh / Udaipur
Today, continue your adventures to Chittorgarh, also referred to as Chittor, and then on to Udaipur. The Fort of Chittor is regarded as one of the most outstanding forts of the country and is indeed the “Pride of Rajasthan”. The daunting fort is perched atop a 180 meter high hillock covering a massive area of 700 acres. Continue to Udaipur, also known as the City of Lakes for your overnight stay.
Day 9 – Sunday, March 24, 2019 – Udaipur
Welcome to the romantic city of Udiapur. Visit the City Palace and it’s intriguing collection of buildings. Jagdish Temple, the largest and most beautiful Indo-Aryan temple in Udaipur adorned with noteworthy sculpted images. As well as Sahelion Ki-Bari (Garden of Maids), an ornamental garden built by Maharana Sangram Singh for his daughter and the Ladies of the Queen’s court. You’ll also experience an afternoon boat cruise on Pichola Lake surrounded by splendid hills, palaces and temples. Overnight in Udaipur.
Day 10 – Monday, March 25, 2019 – Udaipur / Jodhpur
Depart for “The Sun City” of Jodhpur. It was founded by Rao Jodha, a chief of the Rathore clan, in 1459. Jodhpur is named solely after Rao Jodha and because of its bright and sunny weather throughout the year. On arrival transfer to your hotel. Enjoy an evening orientation tour of the local markets. Overnight in Jodhpur.
Day 11 – Tuesday, March 26, 2019 – Jodhpur
Todays guided city tour will have you exploring the massive Meharangarh Fort (situated at an altitude of about 125 meters, and spread over an area of 5 sq. km in the heart of the city). Jaswanthada (Royal Cenotaphs – a white marble memorial built in memory of Maharaja Jaswant II in 1899). Later in the afternoon enjoy exploring the local bazaars. Overnight in Jodhpur.
Optional: Zip Line Tour at Mehrangarh Fort … Glide over the myriad landscapes of one of the largest forts in Rajasthan. Over the course of your zip line tour, you’ll get a sensational new perspective on the magnificent Mehrangarh Fort. Fly high over the outer battlements of Rajasthan’s most majestic fortress, glide serenely over two desert lakes, trek through the Rao Jodha eco-park and enjoy the best view of Mehrangarh and the Blue City of Jodhpur.
Day 12 – Wednesday, March 27, 2019 – Jodhpur / Pushkar / Jaipur
This morning, relax as you continue to Jaipur en-route visiting Pushkar for a visit to the world famous ‘Brahma Temple’ and the holy lake ‘Sarovar’. End this day in Jaipur, popularly known as the Pink City and the colourful capital of Rajasthan. Overnight in Jaipur.
Day 13 – Thursday, March 28, 2019 – Jaipur
Experience a full day of Jaipur! Begin with a visit of Amer Fort. Later visit City Palace, a perfect blend of Rajasthani and Mughal architecture. Next visit Jantar Mantar, an astronomical treasure house with solar devices that give accurate predictions till date. Drive past Hawa Mahal, a five-storied structure of pink sandstone. Later, explore the local market within the walled city. Overnight in Jaipur.
Optional: Elephant activities… Including elephant painting, bathing and feeding with tea & snacks.
Day 14 – Friday, March 29, 2019 – Jaipur / Flight to Varanasi
This morning transfer to the airport to board your flight to Varanasi. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel. A free day. Overnight in Varanasi.
Day 15 – Saturday, March 30, 2019 – Varanasi
Enjoy a sunrise boat ride on the River Ganges visiting various ghats followed by a walk through the old city of Varanasi. Return to your hotel for breakfast before transferring to the airport for your flight to Delhi. On arrival transfer to the hotel. The rest of the day is yours to spend at your leisure. Overnight in Delhi.
Day 16 – Sunday, March 31, 2019 – International flight home from Delhi
Transfer to the airport in time to connect with your onward flight home to Canada.
- International flights from Edmonton International Airport and international air taxes. International Air taxes are estimated on 2018 rates and are subject to change.
- 2 domestic flights within India. Domestic flights are subject to rate change and will be based on the date of confirmation with full payment of flights.
- 14 nights accommodation on twin sharing
- 14 breakfasts, 14 dinners and 2 lunches.
- All private transfers & excursions by chauffeur driven air-conditioned mini coach including unlimited mineral water
- Air-conditioned train from Bharatpur to Ranthambore.
- Tour excursions include: 1 cycle-rickshaw ride in Delhi, Tonga ride in Agra, 2 jungle safaris (morning & evening) at Ranthambore by open shared canter, 1 boat ride on Lake Pichola, Udaipur (subject to water level), 1 sunrise boat ride on the River Ganges.
- Entrance fees at sightseeing monuments as per itinerary.
- Local English speaking guides during your tour as per the itinerary.
- TYW private and professional tour director.
- Arrival and departure assistance at airports.
- Mandatory Travel Insurance (For a quote, please contact TYW’s insurance specialist, Tracy Unser, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-862-5430).
- Indian Visa fees (NOTE: it is each participant’s responsibility to secure their own Indian Visa a minimum of 60 days prior to departure. Please refer to e-Visa Application)
- Wifi and/or internet
- Excess baggage fees, pre-paid seat selection and return transfers from your place of residence to your departure and arrival gateways.
- Gratuities for drivers, assistants, tour director and local guides.
- Meals, and beverages not indicated in your itinerary.
- Camera fees at monuments, if applicable.
- Optional sightseeing/excursions and items of a personal nature.
- Elephant Activity in Jaipur (approximately $55.00 CAD)
- Zip Lining in Jodhpur (approximately $35.00)
Total package price for dates – 16-31 March, 2019 – based on 18 participants (double/twin occupancy) and 2018 land rates is CAD$4,950.00 per traveller payable by e-transfer or Visa or Mastercard (additional 4% applies for credit card payments).
For tour deviations, other travel dates, add-ons or upgrades, please enquire with email@example.com
© 2018 Travel Your World International Ltd. | Terms and Conditions