Exploring Europe on Two Wheels
~ Bike & Sail Croatia ~
Multiple departures available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 780 739 2245 for travel dates and prices.
Sun, idyllic beaches, ancient ruins, out-of-this-world national parks and a Game of Thrones appeal… how could anyone pass up exploring the stunning chain of islands along the Dalmatian Coast? This unique bike and sail experience captures an off-the-beaten-path Adriatic feel offering an ideal balance of activity, culture and relaxation. Explore UNESCO-listed towns and landscapes on two wheels during the day and retreat to a comfortable motored yacht with ample time between daily rides to swim in the azure blue waters.
- The beautiful island of Korcula with its picturesque old town
- The lavender island of Hvar with its Venetian architecture
- Rafting the Cetina River (optional activity)
- Cycle through Brac, famous for its marble
- Explore UNESCO-listed towns and landscapes
- Sail aboard a comfortably appointed motor yacht
- Enjoy ample time between cycles to swim in the azure waters and soak up the ambience of the seaside towns and villages
*This tour reserves the right to make alterations to the planned route due to changing wind and weather conditions, and where required by organizational necessities. Sails may not be present on all boats. Where they are present, the sails will only be hoisted at the Captain’s discretion.
DAY 1 – SPLIT/TROGIR (D)
Meet your tour at the Trogir boarding dock by 2pm. After checking in and a tour briefing, you will depart on the first leg of your cruise from Trogir to Brač at 3pm. Overnight in Milna Harbour, Brač.
DAY 2 – ŠOLTA AND HVAR ISLANDS (B, D)
Today, explore the Island of Šolta where walled fields, numerous olive groves, locust bean and fig trees line the roads. You will note prominent aromas of lavender and rosemary. Take in a visit to a local beekeeper and learn about their intriguing perspective on the production of local honey. After cycling around Šolta, you will return to your yacht and cross over to the lovely natural harbour of Stari Grad where you take on an afternoon cycling tour of Hvar Island, a mecca for artists and art lovers in the past few years. Total cycling distance: 40km (25mi). Overnight in Vis.
DAY 3 – HVAR AND KORČULA (B, D)
This morning, experience Hvar’s magnificent Renaissance Square and Spanish Fortress, situated high above the city. Then sail to the Island of Korčula. Total cycling distance: 22km (14mi). Overnight in Vela Luka, Korčula.
DAY 4 – KORCČULA (B, D)
Today, discover the beautiful, serene lush island of Korčula. You cycle to the village of Blato – like Rome, built on seven hills – Pupnat Bay and return to Korčula. You will have some time to explore the narrow fishbone-like alleys of old town Korčula. Total cycling distance: 62km (38mi).Overnight in Korcula.
DAY 5 – BRAČ (B, D)
Today, cruise to the island of Brac – world-famous for its lustrous white marble. After a lunch break, mount your bikes and venture to Sumartin to the quaint fishing village of Povlja or to the picturesque town Pucišca. Total cycling distance: 15-44km (9.5-27mi). Overnight in Pucišca.
DAY 6 – OMIŠ (B, D)
Today, cruise to Omiš and cycle through the steep and rocky Cetina River valley. You have the option of participating in a four-hour rafting tour on the Cetina River (not included in the tour price) or continue on a longer cycling route to Omiš. This afternoon, you sail to Split. The old town of Split was built adjoining the famous palace of the Roman Caesar Diocletian and now a UNESCO World Heritage site. Total cycling distance: 25-44km (16-27mi).Overnight in Split.
DAT 7 – MOUNT MARJAN (B, D)
Today is your last bike ride to along the Dalmatian Coast to Mount Marjan – a popular recreational site for Split locals. Take in fantastic views of the city and the surrounding islands. Then, board your ship and enjoy your last crossing to Trogir, cruising past the cliffs of the Ciovo peninsula. You will have plenty of time to visit the Old Town of Trogir, a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site. Enjoy a final evening aboard your ship and celebrate in traditional fashion.
DAY 8 – TOUR CONCLUDES (B)
Disembark after breakfast at around 9am. Safe travels home or to the hinterland.
*Post-tour extension to Zagreb and Plitviče Lakes available. Enquire with us for pricing and options.
**This itinerary is also available as a mountain bike option (destinations vary slightly). Enquire with us for pricing and options.
(B – Breakfast L – Lunch D – Dinner)
- 7 nights accommodation in a double cabin below deck with ensuite facilities on board a standard boat (supplement applies for above deck or single cabin, surcharge applies for premium boat departures). If you are travelling by yourself you will be matched with another passenger. The compact cabins are configured with a combination of bunk beds (upper and lower, or split‑level), a double bed or two lower beds. Excellent discounts apply to a third person sharing a triple cabin, with a configuration of a French bed (quite cozy for two people as it is a little smaller than a double) and a single bunk bed above. Note that the lower deck cabins by their very nature will be marginally noisier and less ventilated due to their proximity to the engine and working part of the boat.
- Bed linen and towels Information pack including overview maps per cabin
- Meals as indicated on your itinerary: 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 7 dinners (does not include drinks). Note that the included lunches and dinners are not clearly labelled on the daily itinerary as they depend on sailing conditions on the day and from time to time we may substitute one of the lunches for a dinner or vice versa, your tour guide will inform you locally when these will be included.
- 21-speed hybrid bike rental with pannier (mountain bike option available on select departures running parallel with standard itinerary, distances vary; 8‑speed electric bikes available on most trips, limited supplies; ‑ supplements apply)
- Experienced crew and English speaking cycling guide
- International airfare and taxes
- Mandatory Travel Insurance
- Transfers to and from Split (Trogir) to your boarding dock
- Upgrade to a ‘cabin on deck’ or single cabin, or premium boat – supplement applies
- Drinks on board and meals not included (water flat rate)
- Visitors tax and local charges EUR40pp (adult) or EUR20pp (child up to 16) to be paid to the captain
- Tips for crew and tour guides
- Local entrance fees
- Helmets ‑ mandatory on all bike tours, you are encouraged to bring your own well‑fitted helmet. A limited number of rental helmets are available on board (reservations are essential) however, sizing is not guaranteed.
- Optional Bicycle insurance ‑ can be booked on arrival and paid in cash locally. EUR10 per person for a hybrid bike, EUR20 per person for a mountain bike or electric bike. Please note that normal travel insurance often does not cover loss or damage to rental bikes. If you do not take out bike insurance you will need to pay for the cost of the bike or repair of damages.
- Wifi and/or internet
- (Excess) Baggage Fees, pre-paid seat selection and return transfers from your place of residence to your departure and arrival gateways
- Lunches, dinners, and beverages not identified in your itinerary.
- Optional sightseeing and any items of a personal nature
– For pricing enquiry and departure dates please contact email@example.com –
© 2018 Travel Your World International Ltd. | Terms and Conditions