Exploring your world on two wheels offers us the unique opportunity to engage in our journey in an active, fulfilling, authentic way ~ your way!
Experience the Netherlands and Belgian on two wheels by day while relaxing in the luxurious comforts of your barge cruising accommodations by night. You will begin your tour in Amsterdam, cycle your way through Gouda, meander amongst the world famous windmills of Kinderdijk before heading through Dordrecht and the natural reserve of Biesbosch to Willemstad. Your journey then continues by barge across the impressive waterways of Zeeland and onto the lively town of Antwerp in Belgium. Cycle your way to the charming towns of Ghent and Bruges where you will indulge samples from small chocolatiers and waffle sellers. A fitting reward for your cycling efforts!
Discover a new and fascinating way of exploring the Dutch & Belgian Countrysides…
…By biking and deluxe barging, of course!
Indulge in the beautiful scenery, historic landmarks, culture, food, and have fun riding at your own pace.
Itinerary at a glance…
Day 1 – Join your tour in Amsterdam and on your barge cruise to Oude Wetering
Day 2 – Cycle through the Dutch meadowlands towards Gouda (40km / 25mi)
Day 3 – Discover the UNESCO World Heritage Kinderdijk Windmills, cycle to Dordrecht then sail to Willemstad (40km / 25mi)
Day 4 – Cycle from the Kreekrak locks to the lively Belgian town of Antwerp (45km / 28mi)
Day 5 – Cycle to Dendermonde (50km / 31mi)
Day 6 – Discover the Flemish countryside as you cycle to Ghent (50km / 31mi)
Day 7 – Travel by train to Bruges. You’ll enjoy a guided tour and free time in Bruge then return to Ghent
Day 8 – Tour Concludes in Ghent. Coach transfer to Amsterdam
*Also available in reverse, from Bruges to Amsterdam.
- 7 nights accommodation aboard a Category A+ Barge with ensuite facilities on a twin share basis
- 7 breakfasts, 6 picnic lunches and 6 dinners with daily tea and coffee served until 4pm
- A 7-speed trekking bike with handbrake or backpedal brake and pannier (electric bike upgrade available on request ‑ supplement applies).
- An information pack including route notes & maps, your experienced multilingual guide for fully guided cycle tours and daily briefings.
- Guided city walking tours, linens and change of towels as required
- International flights
- Mandatory Travel Insurance (contact email@example.com for a quote)
- Wifi and/or internet
- (Excess) Baggage Fees, pre-paid seat selection and return transfers from your place of residence to your departure and arrival gateways
- Lunches, dinners, and beverages not identified in your itinerary
- Driver/Guide gratuities, optional sightseeing/excursions and items of a personal nature